Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Card Creations

It's card sketch day at Let's Scrap and this is my creation.  Most of my cards are for women so I decided to change things up a bit this week..... I love the masculine feel of this card!  I used DCWV patterned paper as my card base.
... and here is another take on the same card sketch...

This past week I was fortunate to have two cards published at Scrapbook News & Reviews, an on-line magazine.  The first card chosen was my "Love" card and this is what they had to say about it.


For this call, our readers and staffers really outdid themselves. One of the projects that caught my eye was a card submitted by Valery Klassen entitled “Love.” The layout is simple but all of the embellishment details come together to create a beautiful vintage card. I love the texture and dimension she created by using tulle on her dress from. It falls perfectly and adds a touch of color to the neutral tones of the card. Valery created her own three dimensional floral embellishment by die-cutting flowers in different sizes from patterned paper and ruffling and layering them. She accented the petals with glitter and the finishing touch is the pearl center that coordinates with the pearl pin embellishment that she pinned through the sentiment tag.

The second card is one that I had created for my challenge at Let's Scrap a few weeks ago.

Til next time... Enjoy!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats Val! I love your cards especially the dress form card!!

Kathy said...

What a beautifully unique card! I'm participating in Karen's Where Bloggers Create 2011 this year and came across your blog. Lovely!